FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – The Courtyard at Sheen Falls Country Club
If you do not find the answers you're looking for, please contact us for further assistance.
The Sheen Falls Country Club comprises of both the Courtyard houses and Mountain View houses. The Courtyard Houses: It is important to note that The Courtyard at Sheen Falls Country Club is run entirely separate from the Sheen Falls Lodge. The restaurant must be pre-booked by telephoning the hotel direct on 064 6641600 (subject to availability and at the discretion of hotel management).
There is no pool access for guests of the Courtyard. Please see below further details on pool access for guests of the Courtyard Houses.
WHERE IS THE COURTYARD LOCATED?
The Courtyard is located 3 kms from Kenmare town
GPS Co-Ordinates (51.86970795368951, -9.579133987426757)
HOW DO I GET THERE?
From Kenmare Town to The Courtyard coming from Kilgarvan – R569 and Cork – N22. On entering Kenmare continue past the Kenmare Golf Club on the left. Follow on to Shelbourne Street with the Lansdowne Arms on your right, stay in the left hand side lane. At the end of this street take a left for the Glengarriff - N71 Road. Continue for approx. 1km, over the Suspension Bridge and follow the road for Glengarriff. After the Riversdale House Hotel on your left hand side take the first road to the left (large sign for Sheen Falls Lodge). The hotel is located about 1 km on the left hand side and the entrance to The Courtyard is 100meters beyond this on the right hand side - before the old stone bridge.
From Kenmare to The Courtyard coming from the Killarney/Molls Gap (N71). On entering the town via the square, continue straight ahead and up the Main Street staying on the right hand side. At the top of the street take the right turning around by the Lansdowne Arms Hotel – you have Right of Way. You are now on Shelbourne Street; stay on the left hand side. At the end of this street take a left for the Glengarriff - N71 Road. Continue for approx. 1km, over the Suspension Bridge and follow the road for Glengarriff. After the Riversdale House Hotel on your left hand side take the first road to the left (large sign for Sheen Falls Lodge).
The hotel is located about 1 km on the left hand side and the entrance to The Courtyard is 100meters beyond this on the right hand side - before the old stone bridge.
HOW DO I MAKE A RESERVATION?
To make a reservation you can book directly on our website www.sheenfallscountryclub.ie, or you can call our reservations team on (064) 66 71512
DO I NEED A CREDIT CARD TO MAKE A RESERVATION?
Yes, we require a credit or debit card to secure your reservation.
Prepayment– Guests will be charged a prepayment of the total stay in the 7 days prior to arrival. If you wish to use a gift voucher for full or partial payment please provide the voucher details to our reservations department at least 7 days prior to arrival so payment does not come off your credit/debit card provided.
Cancellation – Guests can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. Guests will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days prior to arrival. No shows are non-refundable.
HOW DO I BOOK USING A VOUCHER?
To book your stay using a Sheen Falls Country Club Voucher please call our Reservations team on (064) 66 71512.
HOW DO I MAKE A RESERVATION FOR A LARGE GROUP?
Group reservations may have different rates and booking requirements. To request a reservation for your group or for more information, please contact our Group Sales Team on 064 6671512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW CAN I MAKE A SPECIAL REQUEST REGARDING MY STAY?
To make a specific request please email email@example.com. We may not always be able to guarantee your request but will do our very best to accommodate you when possible. If you have specific needs such as accessibility, or questions regarding your request, please call our Reservations team on (064) 66 71512
ARE LINEN AND TOWELS PROVIDED?
Yes, linen towels are provided.
DO WE PROVIDE EXTRA BEDS IN THE HOUSES?
DO WE PROVIDE COTS?
Yes, please contact our Reservations Department prior to arrival to request a cot.
DO WE PROVIDE HIGHCHAIRS?
Yes, please contact our Reservations Department prior to arrival to request a highchair.
CAN I REQUEST A SMOKING TOWNHOUSE?
The Courtyard at Sheen Falls Country Club is a non-smoking property. A smoking charge of €200 will be applied if you have smoked in the houses to cover the costs of additional cleaning and potential loss of revenue. All damages to the property both accidental and deliberate will be charged for on a cost to replace/repair basis. Charges of the above will be made to credit card supplies at the time of booking.
DO YOU HAVE FREE PARKING?
Yes, we have ample free parking at The Courtyard at Sheen Falls Country Club
WHAT ARE THE CHECK IN/CHECKOUT TIMES?
Check in is between 4pm and 6pm. Please contact us on 087 0998851 should you expect to arrive outside of these hours.
Check out time is 10am.
WHERE DO I COLLECT MY KEY?
You can collect your key from the reception office situated at the Courtyard at Sheen Falls Country Club
DO YOU HAVE WIFI?
Yes, Wi-Fi is free for all guests.
DOES THE COURTYARD AT SHEENFALLS COUNTRY CLUB ACCEPT PETS?
Unfortunately dogs are not permitted however Service dogs are welcome at the Courtyard.
IS THE PROPERTY WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE?
We have one four bedroom Courtyard that is fully wheelchair accessible.
WHAT IF I LEFT AN ITEM BEHIND?
Please contact reception on (064) 66 71512 and we will check lost property for your item.
POOL ACCESS FOR GUESTS OF COURTYARD HOUSES:
Please note that the pool in the Sheen Falls Lodge is strictly for hotel guests only. However, we have the following options available to all of our guests of the Courtyard in our sister properties.
The Gleneagle Hotel – Killarney
All guests have complimentary access to the swimming pool in the Gleneagle Hotel in Killarney on certain days i.e. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and at specific times only i.e. 12pm-1pm, 1pm-2pm and 2pm-3pm and pre-booking is essential one day in advance by phoning 064 6636178. For further information on their protocols please click here gleneagle.com/en/Covid19-Policy/.
The Maritime Hotel – Bantry
Guests also have complimentary access to the swimming pool in the Maritime Hotel in Bantry from 9am to 6pm daily and pre-booking is also essential on the day due to limited numbers allowed at each time by phoning 027 54720. For further information on their protocols please click here themaritime.ie/en/Covid19-Policy/
IS THERE AN E-STATION (CHARGING STATION) ON SITE ?
No, but there is one at the Centra Shop in Kenmare V93 WYK5.
WHAT IS THE GLENEAGLE GROUP POLICY ON COVID19?
As responsible hoteliers and event organisers and in line with our company values, the health and safety of all those who attend our events is our primary concern and priority. The Gleneagle Group has a designated team to coordinate our Covid-19 safety activities. We are committed to taking action and have implemented the following measures:
- We are assessing, monitoring and implementing recommendations and best practice from the WHO and HSE
- We have provided sanitiser stations throughout the buildings
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
- Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
- We have circulated HSE guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees
- We have displayed HSE guidelines on personal hygiene throughout the hotel
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our customers do the same and follow the HSE guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19.
HSE Guidelines for Customers
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
- Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
- Measures to protect against the spread of COVID-19 at mass gathering events
- wash your hands properly and regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze
- put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand rub
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Read available information and recommendations available on the mass gathering event’s website, social media pages prior to attending the event
- High risk groups - those considered to be at higher risk for COVID-19 include the following:
- People aged 65 years and older
- People with long-term medical conditions – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or liver disease
If you are in a high risk group, consider if attending the mass gathering is in your best interest. Discuss your concerns with your doctor
- Keep your distance from people who are sick
- Read distributed leaflets and signage when attending mass gathering events
- Follow the instructions of organisers and health personnel while at the event
- Be mindful of alcohol and drug use, as these may limit your ability to follow advice of the organisers and emergency personnel.