Mountain View FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
The Sheen Falls Country Club comprises of both the Courtyard houses and Mountain View houses. It is important to note that the Sheen Falls Country Club is run entirely separate from the Sheen Falls Lodge Hotel and use of facilities in the hotel are at the discretion of the management of the Sheen Falls Lodge Hotel. Please note that only guests that have booked a Mountain View house have complimentary pool access in the Sheen Falls Hotel. Unfortunately, due to COVID19 restrictions, guests of both the Courtyard houses and Mountain View are unable to use the hotel bar and restaurant.
Mountain View Houses: Please note that the Mountain View houses are run entirely separate from the Sheen Falls Lodge Hotel and unfortunately due to covid-19 restrictions, the bar and restaurant are for hotel guests only. Access to the leisure facilities at the Sheen Falls Lodge Hotel are limited due to Covid-19 restrictions. Booking is essential prior to arrival. Please note a covid-19 health questionnaire must also be completed and can be obtained by contacting the office on 087 0998851 during office hours. Only guests who have completed the questionnaire will be allowed access to the pool.
What is the Gleneagle Groups Policy on Covid-19?
As responsible hoteliers and event organisers and in line with our company values, the health and safety of all those who attend our events is our primary concern and priority. The Gleneagle Group has a designated team to coordinate our Covid-19 safety activities. We are committed to taking action and have implemented the following measures:
• We are assessing, monitoring and implementing recommendations and best practice from the WHO and HSE
• We have provided sanitiser stations throughout the buildings
• We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
• Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
• Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
• We have circulated HSE guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees
• We have displayed HSE guidelines on personal hygiene throughout the hotel
• We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
• We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our customers do the same and follow the HSE guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19.
HSE Guidelines for Customers
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
• Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
• Measures to protect against the spread of COVID-19 at mass gathering events
wash your hands properly and regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze
put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand rub
do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
• Read available information and recommendations available on the mass gathering event’s website, social media pages prior to attending the event
• High risk groups - those considered to be at higher risk for COVID-19 include the following:
People aged 65 years and older
People with long-term medical conditions – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or liver disease
If you are in a high risk group, consider if attending the mass gathering is in your best interest. Discuss your concerns with your doctor
• Keep your distance from people who are sick
• Read distributed leaflets and signage when attending mass gathering events
• Follow the instructions of organisers and health personnel while at the event
• Be mindful of alcohol and drug use, as these may limit your ability to follow advice of the organisers and emergency personnel.
WHERE IS MOUNTAIN VIEW LOCATED?
A 10% non-refundable deposit will be deducted from your card within 24 hours of making a reservation. The balance is due four weeks (30 days) prior to arrival. If your arrival date is less than this, full payment will be taken at time of booking.
Yes, we require a credit/debit card to hold as security and full payment is due 7 days prior to arrival.
- 3 weeks prior to arrival – cancel without penalty just forfeit deposit
- Cancellations within 14 days (2 weeks) or less prior to arrival are subject to 100% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within 14 to 21 (2 to 3 weeks) days prior to arrival are subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations 21 days or more prior to arrival, deposits will not be refunded.
- No shows will not be refunded.
Due to Covid 19 guests of Mountain View do not have access to the Leisure Facilities at Sheen Falls Lodge Hotel at this time. Please contact our Reservations Department for further information on 064 6671512.
Guests of the Courtyard townhouses have complimentary access to the extensive leisure facilities at the Gleneagle Hotel in Killarney and the Maritime Hotel in Bantry or in you can use the extensive leisure facilities at the Kenmare Bay Hotel between 12pm-4pm daily for a small fee, subject to availability.